Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Yes, I DO Still Have an iPod.

My wife calls me at work today and says "you have your iPod with you, right?"

Well, no, I didn't. I last used it on Monday, when I mowed the lawn. When I finished mowing, there was a cul-de-sac party of sorts going on (i.e. all the neighbors were out in their lawns as well) so I remember hurriedly taking off the iPod and placing it down somewhere.

Apparently that "somewhere" was the rear bumper of a Toyota 4Runner.

My wife got an e-mail at work today from a coworker explaining that they saw "something valuable" fall off her 4Runner, and inquired whether she could think of anything she was missing, perhaps something that may have been in a gym bag. She responded no, she has her iPod, and her pedometer, so what else could it be...

Well, it could be my iPod that I apparently left on the 4Runner. My black iPod video is encased with a translucent silicon bump protector (thank God) so when the silicon meets rubber (on the top of the bumper), it sticks. Well, it stuck for the freeway miles to work, but not as my wife sped away from work afterward.

Kudos to our honest coworker that saw my iPod fall off in the enormous Lockheed parking lot and figuring out who owns it. Plus, imagine my frustration if my iPod had simply disappeared into the void? It boggles the mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Well that was damn lucky....

11:26 PM  
Blogger Christopher J. Bottaro said...

Yeah, that's some serious luck! And yeah, I can imagine how frustrating it would have been if it just "disappeared into the void" with no explanation at all.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home