Sunday, May 28, 2006

Vicarious.

Radiohead has been on tour overseas for the last month or so, and thanks to 58 hours, I've had the opportunity to live vicariously through others' concert experiences. A couple clinchers lately have been the first live performance of "Gagging Order" (amazing song) and a couple appearances of "Let Down," not only my favorite Radiohead song, but my favorite song of all time. I've got to admit - I felt a bit choked up just thinking about beholding that song live. I'm not sure I could handle it in reality - I might totally lose it. It's pretty crazy when you're such a huge fan that you don't long for hits or even album tracks, but those rare, beautiful moments when you know you've beheld something that most fans will never see. Radiohead happens to have a catalogue of "b-sides" so robust and unbelievable that they make most artists' "a-sides" seem pathetic in comparison.

In fact, in this moment of quiet, midnight-hour Scatterbrain-ed rambling, I'll challenge myself to leave you with my 10 favorite Radiohead b-sides. I guarantee I'll forget a few and modify the list later, but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs...

In no particular order (I don't want to be up all night, people)

1. Killer Cars (acoustic)
2. Pearly*
3. Gagging Order
4. How Can You Be Sure?
5. Banana Co.
6. Talk Show Host
7. Lull
8. Worrywort
9. The Trickster
10. True Love Waits (was released on a live EP, but never a full-length album)

Any Radiohead fans reading this - I want to see your top 10!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home