Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Half 2006.

This morning was the long-awaited conclusion to the Half trifecta. In case you've never heard the significance of the number 3 here, it's that Monika and I have now run a Half as a dating, engaged, and married couple. Now that the knees have taken a severe beating for 3 years in a row, it's time for sweet, sweet retirement, until I predictable return to the running scene a while in the future. But don't hold your breath.

This morning's run was sponsored in part by my friend Chanan, a running god who towed the line throughout the race today and was actually willing to increase his usual mile time by half or so (seriously) to motivate me to keep going. I'm quasi-sorry to report that I won't be showing you pictures later demonstrating my token "look of agony;" I believe the only photo-op has me and Chanan smiling briefly before I returned to feeling horrendous. This year's time was somewhere in the ballpark of 2:23, or 11:20-minute miles (guessing).

That's about all I have right now, as my brain is feeling about as tired and beaten-down as my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home