Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Death and the Post Office.

They say that the only certainties in life are death and taxes; I disagree. They are death and waiting a heinous amount of time at the post office. Seriously, every single time I go to the post office I wait in a long line of at least ten minutes or so - ten minutes of pure awkwardness. No one really talks to others because everyone is disgruntled, so there is almost pure silence only interrupted by the occasional "this is freakin' ridiculous" that someone mutters under their breath. Just when you are about to see the light at the end of the tunnel, someone inevitably walks up to the counter with a ludicrous request, like sending 2,293 packages to different locations, from Luxembourg to Zimbabwe.

By the time you're finished mailing your one simple package, you are that much closer to death, so maybe there's only one certainty in life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher J. Bottaro said...

Holy crap, I've never read such an accurate account of post office experiences. No sh-t, man... it's exactly like that, except in my case, it's usually 15-20 mins instead of 10... :(

Also, I tend to have to use the counter instead of the automated package mailer for some completely stupid reason that I could have avoided... which further enrages me.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

No kidding, hence the expression, "going postal."

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home