Monday, April 16, 2007

Pizza Hut Park Blows.

This is a separate post because Edgefest was awesome, which is what matters the most.

However, otherwise, the venue was awful.

1. Parking = nonexistent. Look, parking in a concrete desert and paying $20 to do so isn't the best, but you can at least park somewhere. There was literally no parking at this place. We finally jumped a curb and drove through a random field and parked alongside some other frustrated people that couldn't find a parking spot.

2. Food = what food? So you're expecting 50,000 or so people to show up at your park, Pizza Hut. So how do you prepare? Don't make enough pizza, or anything else, to accommodate all the people at the park. On two separate occasions I stood in the Pizza Hut line for 20 minutes, and after not moving and inch, and with 10 people ahead of me, I stormed off, realizing I wasn't going to be eating pizza. The generic ballpark-style food joints were out of everything but plain hot dogs. I just don't understand how the logistics of feeding people could have been so wrong.

3. Construction sucks. What surrounds this (theoretically) nice, new venue? Nothing but a bunch of roads that are apparently ALL under construction. Look - leaving a concert and getting stuck in traffic is normal. I want you all to know I'm aware of that. I don't mind normal concert traffic. But this was ridiculous. It took us about an hour and a half to go a mile. Think about all the concert traffic you've encountered - you usually think "this sucks" but in reality you're out in a half-hour or so. Not at this place.

I hope I can figure out a way to send this to The Edge, because their concert was awesome. They should get a better venue next year, though. Watching awesome bands while your stomach is killing you is the kind of thing that takes an experience down from being a 10/10 to a 9 or so. That's not the end of the world, but it's something that's easily fixable to give you a perfect concert experience.

***

Random side-comment: in talking about pizza with my friends yesterday, i.e. the pizza that wasn't in our belly because of those morons, they brought up Pizzeria Uno, a local joint, and made a claim about how unhealthy their personal deep dish pizzas were. I didn't believe it until right now. This is a copy/paste of their Chicago Classic Deep Dish PERSONAL pizza. Oh. My. God.

Serving Size(g)
757g
Servings
1

Calories
2270
Calories from Fat
1330
% Daily Value*, Calories:
2,000
2,500

Total Fat
148g
228%
185%

Saturated Fat
53g
265%
212%

Do you really need to see the rest of this information? My heart just skipped 3-4 beats for the times I've had a pizza there in my lifetime. It was good, but not even close to two-bacon-double-cheeseburgers good. I feel violated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Edgefest PHP experience sounds exactly like mine at Rockfest out at the Texas Motor Speedway back in 1995 or so. Even with all sorts of traffic improvements on I-35 and 114, TMS is still trying to convince people that the four hour traffic jams are a thing of the past. Like TMS, I'm sure that bad taste will linger with PHP patrons for a while.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home