Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Hate Ticketmaster.

The Good - yesterday I drove past Nokia Theater in Grand Prarie and was delighted to see that the Smashing Pumpkins show that was originally scheduled for Nov 3 (I was out of town) was rescheduled for today! The show originally sold out in a few minutes, but I managed to snag one on Ticketwhore, I mean Ticketbastard, yesterday as soon as I got home.

The Bad -
Ticket price: $53.50
Convenience (pole-up-the-ass) Charge: $10.85
Order Processing (the second pole - why not?) Fee: $4.70
Additional (now they're just beating you with both poles) Taxes: $0.90
Total: $69.95

That's right, a $53 ticket turns into $70 thanks to Ticketfucker. DIE TICKETMASTER DIE!

This kind of nonsense is why I have drastically reduced the number of concerts I attend the last few years. It's sad, but true. I'll pontificate more on that later. In the meantime, I plan on enjoying some fine rock n' roll this evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I wonder when they will actually start calling it the "inconvenience charge."

11:28 PM  
Blogger Christopher J. Bottaro said...

Ha, completely outrageous. Typical these days though... nickel and dimed...

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite example:

I once bought two tickets, at $12 a piece, to see the great Canadian folkies Blue Rodeo at an intimate little venue here in Pittsburgh. Total cost of the two tickets: $36.

That's right. The TicketBastard fees on a pair of measly $12 tickets were so high that they equaled the cost of a third ticket.

And that was almost ten years ago. By now, they'd probably cost as much as both tickets.

Or more.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home