Friday, February 24, 2006

Lemmings.

One more for tonight - I was just getting rocked out by Incubus' older stuff (yes, they used to rock. Hard. Come back to the light!). That Brandon is a crafty guy, I must say - I really could paste any lyric from Make Yourself in this space because they are so good, but I think this snippet from "Privilege" is enough to ponder for a while...

Isn't it strange that a gift could be an enemy?
Isn't it weird that a privilege could feel like a chore?
Maybe it's me but this line isn't going anywhere
Maybe if we looked hard enough, we could find a backdoor
(Find yourself a backdoor)

I see you in line, dragging your feet
You have my sympathy
The day you were born, you were born free
That is your privilege

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home