Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm Listening to It Right Now...

...My favorite song of all time.

Before we get there, something that always interests me when I look up lyrics on different sites is grouping - that is, lyrics seem to be written down differently everywhere I see them. Line breaks here, no line breaks there, different punctuation, etc.

The following is similar to how they are written in the OK Computer CD booklet (yes, I still exclusively BUY CDs!), and how the lyrics are arranged in my head. Enjoy.

Radiohead - Let Down

Transport. Motorways and tramlines. Starting and then stopping. Taking off and landing. The emptiest of feelings. Disappointed people. Clinging on to bottles. When it comes it's so, so, disappointing.

Let down and hanging around. Crushed like a bug in the ground. Let down and hanging around.

Shell smashed. Juices flowing. Wings twitch. Legs are going. Don't get sentimental. It always ends up drivel. One day, I am gonna grow wings. A chemical reaction. Hysterical and useless hysterical and

Let down and hanging around. Crushed like a bug in the ground. Let down and hanging around.

You know, you know where you are with, you know where you are with, floor collapsing, falling, bouncing back and one day I am gonna grow wings. A chemical reaction. Hysterical and useless hysterical and

Let down and hanging around. Crushed like a bug in the ground. Let down and hanging around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home