Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm So *Not* Honored.

Today, CNNSI.com has a nifty slideshow of “athletes” (really just famous people) receiving their college degrees. Among them, however, are a slew of captions such as these:

“New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick shows a rare smile after receiving an honorary doctorate degree at Nickerson Stadium during Boston University's commencement activities in 2004.”

Honorary degree? 1) What’s the point, 2) something tells me I’m not going to be getting an honorary degree any time soon, which begs the question, why does someone deserve an honorary degree for being famous, no less a fucking “doctorate”?!

As of today, I declare myself the recipient of an “Honorary Doctorate Degree in Awesomeness.”

You may now refer to me as Dr. Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sushi & Chocolate said...

Dr. Retarded is more like it ;)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home